Basic Hardware Issues
Posted by Matt Picone on Sep 24, 2012 - 3:25 pm
Axe-Fx II, Axe-Fx Ultra, Axe-Fx Standard
The following is for diagnosing very basic problems, excluding USB. If you are experiencing an issue with any Axe-Fx, you can try the following basic procedures before contacting support. If you've done these things already when you contact us, please let us know.
- First, always check the obvious: the trouble is almost always a cable, connector, volume knob setting, or something very basic like this. If your product is the Axe-Fx II, you can check the main output at the HEADPHONES jack, which should always produce the same signal as the main output. (Both signals are simultaneously controlled by the OUTPUT LEVEL 1 knob.) If your unit does not have a headphones out, try a different mixer, monitor, amp, etc.
- Confirm that the trouble is not related to MIDI/USB/MFC by powering off, removing all such connections, and powering on again.
- Confirm that the trouble is not just the current preset by trying a variety of presets. You can also create an empty, initialized temporary preset by holding RECALL and power-cycling the unit.
- Check your GLOBAL, I/O and TUNER settings. Consider using RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS.
- Check all cables.
- Re-boot the connected Axe-Fx and the MFC-101.
- Check the MIDI channel of the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101
- Consider a FACTORY RESET