The following is an overview of one method in which the Axe-Fx II can be used to re-amp a DI guitar track.
- Set the input and output device of your DAW to the Axe-Fx II.
- On the Axe-Fx II front panel, go to I/O -> AUDIO and change the MAIN INPUT SOURCE to USB.
- Create a new stereo track in your DAW and set the input to 1 and 2.
- 1/2 is the processed stereo signal from the Axe-Fx II.
- In your DAW, solo the DI track that you would like to re-amp.
- Make sure it is the only track that is solo'd.
- Plug in your headphones to the PHONES jack on the front panel of the Axe-Fx II then play your DI track and make sure that the input LEDs on the Axe-Fx II light up and that you're hearing the processed signal in the headphones.
- You can adjust the level of the DI signal within the DAW to taste.
- While the DI track is playing, check the level on the new stereo track in your DAW to ensure that the processed signal is being received.
- Record the re-amped track.
- Switch the MAIN INPUT SOURCE (under I/O -> AUDIO on the Axe-Fx II) back to ANALOG (IN 1) and you can listen back to the re-amped track using the Axe-Fx II as the output audio interface.