How to perform a firmware update on an MFC-101 using the Axe-Fx II in USB Adapter Mode
1. Download the Axe-Fx USB Driver from http://www.fractalaudio.com/support.php.
2. Run the installer to install the driver.
3. Download Fractal-Bot from http://www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot.php
4. Run the installer to install Fractal-Bot.
8. Download the MFC-101 firmware from http://www.fractalaudio.com/support.php.
9. Boot up the Axe-Fx and go to the MIDI tab under the I/O menu.
10. Set SEND REALTIME SYSEX to NONE.
11. Set USB ADAPTER MODE to ON.
12. Boot up the MFC-101 while holding down button #1. This will put the MFC into firmware update mode.
13. Launch Fractal-Bot.
14. From the 'Select Device' drop-down choose the option for the MFC-101 that you wish to update.
15. From the 'Select an Output Port' down-down choose "AXE-FX II MIDI.' (The second drop-down will be grayed out as it is not needed for an MFC firmware update.)
16. Click the blue BROWSE button and find the .syx firmware file.
17. Click the BEGIN button. Fractal-Bot will display a dialog window outlining the steps we just went over so you can just click SEND. As the update progresses you should see the percentage increase on the MFC-101 display.
18. When the update finishes the MFC-101 will display 'Update Complete' and you can reboot the MFC.
19. Once the MFC is back up and running go to EDIT->SETUP and page over once to the left to make sure that firmware version has been updated.
20. On the Axe-Fx and go to the MIDI tab under the I/O menu.
21. Set SEND REALTIME SYSEX back to ALL.
22. Set USB ADAPTER MODE to OFF.