How to perform an MFC-101 backup with Fractal-Bot.
- Download the Axe-Fx USB Driver from http://www.fractalaudio.com/support.php.
- Run the installer to install the driver.
- Download Fractal-Bot from http://www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot.php R
- Run the installer to install Fractal-Bot.
- Connect the Axe-Fx to your computer via USB.
- Connect the MFC-101 MIDI Out to the Axe-Fx MIDI In using a 5-pin MIDI cable.
- Boot up the Axe-Fx and go to the MIDI tab under the I/O menu.
- Set SEND REALTIME SYSEX to NONE.
- Set USB ADAPTER MODE to ON.
- Launch Fractal-Bot.
- Click the RECEIVE tab.
- From the 'Select Device' drop-down choose the option for the MFC-101.
- From the 'Select an Input Port' down-down choose "AXE-FX II MIDI.' (The first drop-down will be grayed out as it is not needed for an MFC backup.)
- Click the blue BROWSE button and choose a directory you'd like to save the backup.
- Click the BEGIN button.
- Fractal-Bot will display a dialog window outlining the steps required to prepare Fractal-Bot to recieve MIDI data as well as how to initiate the backup from the MFC-101.
- When the dump finishes click OKAY to save the backup.
- Firmware 3.x has a size of exactly: 140915 bytes
- Firmware 2.x has a size of exactly: 140897 bytes
- If the file size is wrong try the backup again using the SLOW DUMP option on the MFC. This will send the data at a slower rate.
- On the Axe-Fx and go to the MIDI tab under the I/O menu.
- Set SEND REALTIME SYSEX back to ALL.
- Set USB ADAPTER MODE to OFF.