During basic troubleshooting, we may ask you to RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS on your Axe-Fx, or to perform a FULL FACTORY RESET of the MFC-101.
RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS on the AXE-FX II
This simple procedure reverts all GLOBAL, TUNER, and IO parameter settings to default values. It does not affect your preset or user cab data. If you use non-standard system settings, please make notes first as needed. Another good option to backup current system settings first is to use the option UTILITY|PRESET|BACKUP SYSTEM. This copies all existing System Parameter settings (and any User Cabs and Global Blocks) to a dedicated onboard backup memory area of the Axe-Fx II. Remember that if you later RESTORE these, you need to reboot for them to take effect.
To perform RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS:
1. Press the UTILITY button.
2. Use the PAGE buttons to select the RESET page (not "PRESET")
3. Press ENTER.
FULL FACTORY RESET OF THE MFC-101
This simple procedure completely erases all data in your MFC-101 and reverts the unit to factory settings. Please make notes or do a SysEx dump if you want to backup your MFC first.
1. Power off your MFC-101.
- Power off the Axe-Fx II if the MFC-101 is connected via CAT5/Ethernet/EtherCON
- OR remove the Phantom-Powered 7-pin MIDI cable from the MFC-101.
- OR remove the AC Adapter from the MFC-101
2. Press and hold the #11 Footswitch.
3. Restore power to the unit.
4. The message "Restore? Press Enter" will be shown.
5. Press ENTER (#14)
The MFC will be reset and is now ready to use after following the Quickstart Guide found here: http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/mfc-101/MFC-101-Quickstart.pdf