If you are receiving Axe-Edit time-out messages OTHER than the following you can try the troubleshooting techniques outlined here.
Axe-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version : query_device_version
- Are you running a DAW at the same time as Axe-Edit?
- If so, try closing the DAW and see if Axe-Edit begins communication as expected. Sometimes a DAW will intercept incoming MIDI messages.
- Try a different USB cable, preferably a shielded one.
- A bad USB cable can cause strange behavior such as random communication time-outs or it may not work at all.
- Try a different USB port on your computer, preferably one that is not on a USB hub.
- Under Axe-Edit's Settings->Preferences, deselect AXE-FX II MIDI from the Ports dropdowns and then close Axe-Edit.
- Next, reopen Axe-Edit. If Axe-Edit does not auto-connect go back to Settings->Preferences and select AXE-FX II MIDI from the Ports dropdowns.
- Delete Axe-Edit's preferences file.
- Windows - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Axe-Edit.settings
- Mac - /Users/<username>/Library/Application\ Support/Fractal\ Audio/Axe-Edit/Axe-Edit.settings
- Do you have other MIDI device drivers installed on your system?
- If so, it's possible that the drivers are conflicting. Try uninstalling all MIDI device drivers then re-install the Axe-Fx II USB driver and see if Axe-Edit begins communicating as expected.